Tuesday 10 January 2012

Review: We Are in a Book! by Mo Willems

We are in a Book!We are in a Book! by Mo Willems
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adore books about books, and the fabulous characters Elephant and Piggie star in this one. Elephant and Piggie are so different in character, yet are the very best of friends. Mo Willem's drawings express their differing feelings so well in these deceptively simple pictures.
This book is all about the joy and anxiety associated with dicovery. E and P discover that they are in a book, and that someone is reading them. They are elated by their power over the reader, but then realise that the reader will stop reading them when the book comes to an end. They come up with a potential solution to this problem, and you'll have to read the book yourself to find out what it is and if it works.
The concept of this book may be a little over the heads of my pre-school audience, but I'd love to have the opportunity to read it in a family storytime. I'll have to bide my time until the opportunity presents itself.

WOW! This is the first review I have posted via Goodreads. What a great bit of coding, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips